Powered By Blogger

Melbourne Weather

The Age (Melbourne's Daily Newspaper)

Strike a Pose

Strike a Pose
Melbourne Look

Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Excursions

Gosh, how time flies.

This weekend I had so many things planned, but as usual, everything sort of got jumbled. I was originally going to explore the Docklands area on Sunday, but on Friday night I discovered that the Channel 7 series of "The Pacific" was being re-run on 7-TWO, so I didn't end up going to bed until 1:30am. Plans out the window!

Had my first sleep in on a Saturday - haven't had one of those in ages! I still managed to get up before Bubbles who cherishes sleeping in until at least 10! I miss those days!

Went to Bunnings for potting mix. http://www.bunnings.com.au/ Came out with Potting Mix, Strawberry plant, Blueberry, Cabbage, Onion, Spinach and Garlic seedlings, a hose, planter boxes and an extension cord. Damn you consumerism!!!!

Decided to pop on a slow roast recipe I found on the net - Bubbles LOVES my slow cooker - well what I make really. I don't mind a nice stew either, also helps that I only have to use blade steak too. It was devine!
slowcookerrecipes.net.au 

Went and did a little shop to restock - I looked so domesticated with my list and all. Seems that Melbourne doesn't wake until after 10 for some reason, so the supermarket was deserted. Yay!

Saturday afternoon was all about reading the paper, drinking coffee, have a ciggie or two and a clean of the house. Half way through the cleaning, my hot water tap in the kitchen decided it didn't want to turn off. Now readers, I know you would like to think that as a modern man, I would understand what to do. Wrong.

I rang the real_estate_agent who told me a plumber would be around soon, but just turn the water off. Perhaps it was too much coffee, but I stupidly commented that I couldn't and this was why I was ringing - this was Stupid_Mistake_#1. In the most sarcastic ridden tone, real_estate_agent told me to turn the water of at the mains. Felt small at this point.

Whined along the lines of "I don't know where it is......" - Stupid_Mistake_#2. Said real_estate_agent muttered something unflattering about my lacking masculinity and told me to look for a tap out the front near the gas. Sarcastic_real_estate_agent = 1; Unlucky_Homo = Nil. Had my first Vodka & OJ. At 2pm. Felt a little better.



Was sought of hoping for Hot_Husky_Euro_Plumber to show up, was a little excited I must admit. Mmmmm, many fantasies coming true. Very dissapointed when Aging_Grandpa_Plumber pressed my buzzer. He had crack action with his stubbies too. Had 2nd Vodka & OJ. Had another before he left.




So readers, by about 4pm I was getting tanked by ones self. Loud music beckoned and I became Domestic_Godess and cleaned the house (4th Vodka & OJ consumed whilst vacuuming - its a good look!). Then realised had organised for Little_Ted from ASX 200 Listed Company to come over for Roast Lamb dinner. Oops. Checked mobile, message received - Little_Ted was bringing girlfriend as well.




It's a true miracle that I got a Roast and Veg into that oven and prepared without killing myself. You see Vodka had done its job and I was a-slurrin all over the kitchen. Felt good though.

Long story short, Little_Ted's GF, Retail_Diva was a blast. And they liked my cooking. Cleaned the plate. Felt good. Died and went to bed. Even Bubbles said that the night went well. Not bad for my first entertainment at home.

Sunday - Lazy Days. Love them. Sunday is the one day of the week that I truly relax and become selfish. Pottered in the garden, out for yummo coffee, Williamstown for lunch, back at home for V8 Supercars, then round to my local cafe for Jazzy Sunday. Stunning.


Work beckons. Still in training. Still alive.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment