Powered By Blogger

Melbourne Weather

The Age (Melbourne's Daily Newspaper)

Strike a Pose

Strike a Pose
Melbourne Look

Monday, March 29, 2010

First Weekend




Ahhhhh, the weekend has arrived. I had already made plans to head over to one of the only couple's I know in Melbourne for a real home cooked meal experience......the only challenge was that they were 45 minutes away and I had to travel the Monash freeway to get there......on a Friday afternoon......in peak hour!




More info on the Monash is at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monash_Freeway .


It was slightly scary - but I had Lee (my Navman GPS) guiding me - although some of the off ramps really confused the both of us - but managed to get to the suburbs for a really nice home cooked meal of chicken pesto with pasta. Yum. I think it tasted better because it didn't come from a BBQ.......


Domesticity ruled supreme - TV and red wine. Ken was very keen to show of his home renovations to me because I hadn't been there for some time. We sought of think alike, long term, advance planning - which made the home reno explanation so much more fun! His advice to me about renovating a bathroom was quite short - DON'T! ha ha ha


Fixed their internet problems and off to bed at 1130. Always the [ASX 200 listed company] Advocate!


Saturday mean a reverse travel back to The Motel. I spent most of the day cleaning up after myself and then reading. Started to rain in the afternoon and so I went shopping at Highpoint. This is a really big shopping centre, about 5 minutes away by car. I discovered by accident after having a microsleep on the tram coming back from Footscray station one afternoon. It even has its own membership club and YouTube presence. Check out: http://www.highpoint.com.au/ . I discovered a wonderful bakery and had a treat. Pippa was keen to get back to see what the evening would bring.........


Sunday I went on my first exploration. I had forgotten to bring in one of my shirts from drying outside and as a result of overnight rain, it was soaked. So I headed off to the local laundromat to use their dryers. Wow, $1, 7 minutes later, my shirt was dry and didn't shrink! Wandering around I stopped at the local markets and got the biggest strawberries I have ever seen - my gosh, they were as good as they looked. Felt a bit like a kid! Good times!


Decided against ironing as I still had 4 business shirts left ( and only needed 3 until I moved) so was extremely lazy and chilled back listening to lounge music.


Work tomorrow.


p.s. Also on was Formula 1 @ Albert Park and the Melbourne International Flower Show. Decided against going to either. Am getting all lazy....... Here are some links though...







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. :) Loving the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete