Powered By Blogger

Melbourne Weather

The Age (Melbourne's Daily Newspaper)

Strike a Pose

Strike a Pose
Melbourne Look

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

24 Hours Until the Mothership Lands

My Uncle Bill & the Mothership

Well, I am in the second week of training. I had my four seasons in one day experience today.......very cold this morning, raining by the time I got to work, partially cloudy at morning tea, hot and windy at lunch with full sun and no clouds, still warm but no wind at afternoon tea and now clear skies in preparation for another cool night.....all that was missing was Santa.

Training is still posing a challenge as the course is designed for people who have had no product exposure - and I have had enough exposure to last a lifetime! ha ha ha. I have taken to filling in every possible space in the training book - this fills my days and prevents thoughts of electrocuting myself with a USB cord.

I am very excited however, readers, for 2 reasons. Firstly this will be the 2nd last night at Motel Wonderful and secondly, the great Mothership arrives from Brisbane tomorrow to help me unpack at my new home......a lovely 3 bedroom townhouse far far away from Footscray !

My friends often ask where my Mum got her now infamous moniker of the "Mothership" and to be perfectly honest I can no longer remember. I rarely call her Mum anymore, this is probably because we are best friends (the family thing is a bonus!). I know that my move from Brisbane to Melbourne has been hard for her to cope with, but she has been my rock through the first 2 weeks in Melbourne. Love you MS!

Anyways, am off to Ken & Muffy's place tomorrow night (the people I went to last Friday night) to have dinner with the family and MS. I understand, from a reliable source, that Roast Lamb & Lemon Delicious Pudding is on the menu - yummmmmy........my favourite meal of all time. Lovingly cooked by the Mothership for us all. I am a lucky son!

The removalists will not arrive on Thursday until about 1pm. Poop. Will have to explore my local for a bit. A friend at work suggested I explore Williamstown, which is about 5 minutes away. Apparently it has an awesome art-house cinema and great places to eat. Sounds fun.

So I am depleting my food stock in the fridge of Motel Wonderful, so far I have had crumbly cheese and apple on crackers and tonight I will be having the following to create with: Chicken Fillet, 2 minute noodles; Frozen Veg, Apple and Yoghurt. I think there is a meal in there somewhere.




Some tacko shots of Motel Wonderful
(Notice that the Bed Fairy doesn't know how to
get to Melbourne!)





On the work side of things, I was told today that we would be moving by the end of the year to a brand new building.....very exciting. The building I am in now is only slightly more modern than Motel Wonderful - without the emergency services popping in all the time. But it is 52 steps (I was bored this morning) from the top of the Flagstaff rail station to my front door.

Public transport is still a pain in the bum. The train was so packed this morning, I was uncomfortably close to an angry lesbian with short hair who kept death staring me. I was a tad concerned for my life. Thank goodness I am only 2 stations away otherwise, dear readers, I could have died today! ha ha ha

Well, I am off to create my super meal tonight. I am sure Kim & Rachael will be super proud of me. If not, I am 2 streets away from the hospital!




 I may not be able to upload until the weekend but will have lots to say no doubt. A trip to the Yarra Valley is planned for Sunday too, hangover time!



I stumbled across a personal advert online last night and almost wet myself so I thought I would share it with you as well:

I am a dynamic figure, often scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I write award-winning operas, and manage time efficiently.
Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo men & women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook thirty-minute brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.
When I`m bored I build large suspension bridges in my garden. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays I repair electrical appliances free of charge. I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst and a ruthless bookie.
Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don`t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I run the 100m in 9.56 secs. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles.
Children trust me. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. The laws of physics do not apply to me.



I emailed the author and we are going for a drink next week :) Wish me luck as I enter the Melbourne dating scene.

Till the next exciting installment of me,

Have fun and stay safe

Adam

[ NOTE: Some original parts of this post were corrected due to innacuracies ]

http://www.4ingredients.com.au/
http://www.visityarravalley.com.au/pages/welcome/

No comments:

Post a Comment