Powered By Blogger

Melbourne Weather

The Age (Melbourne's Daily Newspaper)

Strike a Pose

Strike a Pose
Melbourne Look

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Its getting colder

I have been told that to be a successful blogger, that I must post more often. Oops. [ NOTE: Also have been told that accuracy is important - hence my blog review ]

As this is still a learning curve for me, sometimes I just forget! Well I am at the end of the 3rd week of training - which is still boring me to death. It is actually quite hard to remain engaged in a job when the training is covering stuff you already know. Most of my friends say to lap it up as the company is paying me to do nothing, however that doesn't sit well with me so I am champing at the bit to get into the job.

I met one of my neighbours earlier this week - she is a lovely greek grandma. I can already tell we are going to be best mates as we have started planning on what to do with the front garden that we share. My Foxy_Greek_Grandma loves roses, and Melbourne is the best place to grow roses, so we are likely to plant roses in the front garden. This requires a planning day and a bit of elbow grease, but we are committed.

Foxy loves Bingo! OMG, I can't wait. She has already booked me in for next Sunday night - should be a blast!

Bingo - Melbourne Style

This week's weather was a mixed bag. As it got closer to the weekend, the temperatures started dropping. It is definitely heading towards Winter. Today was the worst, driving rain, squally gusts that tended on cyclonic and overcast. Truly cold. I love my ducted gas heating though - its been toasty as inside today! Had a bacon and egg breakfast then a long drool over the paper. Rang the MotherShip for our ritual of trivia from the Sunday Mail - I actually did alright this week!

I have found a new flatmate, without advertising! She works at [an ASX 200 company] in a different department and floor to me, but she is adorable. Bubbles is her name, she is 21 and bubbly as a bottle of champers. It's early days yet, but it seems to be working out well.

I had my first date with Mr Witty. As it turns out, we live quite close to each other and ended up at a local Irish pub - had the best Guiness Pie I have tasted in years - and a few beers to match. Was a lovely outing, and I hope to see Mr Witty again. He makes me laugh!

I am planning on heading to the Grampians (about 3hrs WNW of Melbourne) for the first weekend in May for the Grampiams Wine & Food Show. http://www.grampiansgrapeescape.com.au/ . Am staying at a cute caravan park in the area, which boasts an ensuite and electric blanket! The major drawcard is TV Cehf Manu Feildel - the guy from Channel 7's My Kitchen Rules. Am having breakfast with him (and about 200 other people) on Sunday as well as tasting many wines and getting to know the local food scene. Shuttle bus from the front of my accommodation means I can get a little tiddly and not worry about the local policemen!

Mind you - this is the Grampians in another month - its likely to be brass monkey season - so I am working out how to layer!

Well, the wind has returned tonight, so I am going to snuggle under the doonah in preparation for another stimulating week in training.

Hugs to you all

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment